Perry Township Board Regular Meeting
Present: Sidney Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guest: James Wolf, MSP Magnet
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
December minutes approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried
Sheriff’s report: 146 calls and 40 traffic stops for the township.
SSESA: 23 runs, 243 runs in Perry Twp for the year. Total SSESA runs for the year is 1341.
No reports for the DDA, Zoning, Co. Comm.,Recycling, Library, Parks & Rec., Planning Comm.,& Region 6.
I69 Corr: Working on the Economic Development Plan through the US Commerce Dept. for grant application.
SEDP: Will be renovating and utilizing the old Armory Building in Owosso soon. An open house will be held for the new Trans Fleet Trucking Co.
Financial statements and bills paid. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes, Carried.
Correspondence: We have received, notice of hearing from the Mich. Tax Tribunal filed by Lon & Ina Ehrhart. The hearing date is Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:30 pm at the Corunna Community Center; copies of correspondence regarding an alleged violation by John Durling for having a small flock of laying hens on his property; official notice from the MTA of the annual meeting for Jan. 28-31, 2014 at the Grand Traverse Resort.
· The site plan application for the Trans Fleet Trucking Co. was approved by the Shiawassee Co. Planning Comm. on Nov. 13, 2013.
· We received a third bid for a generator for the hall. Grinnell will be meeting with Mr. Clark from the County to discuss the requirements for becoming an emergency center.
· We received notification of Tax Foreclosure and title transfer on property ID#014-29-400-002-01 to the Township. The deed will be sent to the register of deeds office for recording.
· A copy of the Amendment to the 1999 Shiawassee County Zoning Ordinance for Wind Energy Conversing Systems. (Article 4 Section 4.3.76)
· The 2014 Mineral Well Brine Agreement in the amount of $17,226 was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes, Carried.
· The 2014 Road Program Recommendations were reviewed. We will be seeking Mr. Welte’s, (Director of Shiawassee County Road Commission) opinion on Beardslee Rd. as to whether to pave it or remove trees along the road first at the February meeting.
· The Board approved sending the three members of the Board of Review, Supervisor and the Assessor to the 2014 Board of Review Training by MTA in the amount of $79 each. The training will be held in Lansing on February 6, 2014. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes, Carried.
· A 2014 Snow Plowing Agreement with Freed of Work, LLC. was approved at $50 per hour with changes to the contract regarding depth of snow to be plowed. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes, Carried.
Public Comments: Lt. Wolf, MSP and Deputy Johnson, SCSD with the MSP MAGNET group, reported on the drug activity in our area. The use and sale of heroin and prescription drugs is being addressed. Marijuana growing operations that are not in compliance are being shut down and charged. They encourage the community to get involved in reporting questionable activities to local law enforcement or the Sheriff’s department.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to adjourn. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk