Perry Township Regular Meeting
April 1, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Kim Kollek-Jewell, Duane Wood, Tom Emery, John Plowman
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
March minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 143 calls, 58 traffic stops.
SSESA: 10 runs in Feb.; 36 runs for the year. Total SSESA runs for the year was 289.
Recycling: Donations for March were about $300. Perry Future Problem Solvers continue to participate at the recycling location to help those that come to recycle items. Griffith will look into getting information on stones to put in the walk ways.
Library: Two CDL Directors will be sent to training. MSP will not be moving into the Library building in Corunna.
Co. Comm: Plowman reported for the solid waste committee regarding a court case against an old land fill in Owosso.
Planning Comm: A list of suggestions were given to the Comm. to update our Land Use Plan. Language for the Twp Planning Comm. will be voted on at the next meeting.
Financial Statements and Bills paid. Fraser moved Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes.
- We are waiting on the City of Perry to get back with us on the “water agreement.”
- A park agreement was presented to the Village of Morrice. Their legal counsel has reviewed and made changes. The Township has some concerns with the changes and will discuss them at the next Parks Meeting.
- The Final 2015 Road Program price list has been set at $137,476.55 and will be submitted to the County Road Comm.
- Morrice Village is requesting a $2000.00 contribution for the Morrice Home Coming Festival and Independence Day Celebration. A contract was sent to the Village to be signed. Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded to approve the contribution contingent on the signing of the contract for 2015. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The Supervisor is requesting to be sent to the MATS conference and the renewal of the membership. Parmalee moved, Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The 2015-2016 Township Board Meeting Dates were approved with a change to the May meeting which will be held on May 13, 2015. Parmalee moved, Grinnell seconded. All ayes Carried
- The 2015-2016 Depository List was approved. Fraser moved, Griffith seconded to have Chemical Bank, PNC Bank, 5/3 Bank and Ameriprise Financial as depositories. All ayes Carried
Adjourn: Parmalee moved, Fraser seconded. Carried