Perry Township Regular Meeting
May 4, 2016
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Caroline Wilson, Cynthia Farrell.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
April 6, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 130 calls, 33 traffic stops in the Township.
SSESA: 17 runs for March in the Twp, 126 total runs for March and 426 year to date.
Zoning: New construction on Lansing Rd.; Request for a variance for a property split on Winegar Rd.
Co.Comm: The Solid Waste Comm. met regarding grant money. Perry/Morrice Recycling Comm. requested grant money to put concrete pads down for the containers and additional steps by the recycling containers.
Recycling: $239 in Donations for April.
Library: There’s a new branch manager in Lennon; They think they have solved the water problem at the Morrice library; They are looking into buying a 3D printer.
Financial Statement and pay the Bills approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: Sciota Twp will be updating their Land Use Plan; The Federal Court enjoined Secretary of State from enforcing the gag order law.
OLD BUSINESS: None
- · The Perry/Bennington Drain catch basin is plugged and needs to be cleaned out.
- · The Bridge on Ruppert Rd (Buck Drain) is in need of replacement. Grinnell to discuss with the Road Commission.
- · The purchase of Veterans Cemetery Flags and Grave markers approved up to $800.00. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- · The purchase of a backup Election Lap Top was approved up to $500.00. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Township Board reviewed and agreed with the recommendation from the Township Planning Commission to deny the application for re-zoning from A-2 to B-3 submitted by Terry L. Gordon due to the lack of information given on the use of the property and it is not in compliance with our Master Plan. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried.
- · The update of our quick book program was approved in the amount of $550.00. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried.
- · The south side of the cemetery tree canopy and the retention ponds on Bennett Dr. need to be mowed. A proposal was approved for the use of a 20ft arm mower by Keith Litchfield. It was approved to spend up to $1800.00 to have these areas cut. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee, moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.