Perry Township Regular Meeting
April 5, 2017
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Mark Coscarelli, Bill Bowers, Sean Stout, Darlene Parks, Duane Wood, Justin Horvath.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda Approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
March 1, 2017 Meeting Minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Public Comments: Bill Bowers from Burns Twp visited to see how our Twp Meetings are run.
SSESA: 26 runs for Feb., 56 runs in Perry Twp for the year; Total SSESA runs for the year 293.
Recycling: There was $400 in donations for March. Perry Schools recommended a monitoring system for the recycling area and offered to allow it to be hooked into their Wifi system. The recycling committee is researching the costs.
I69 Corr: The Public Hearing to amend the LDFA plan that would include Elsessor’s Automotive Repair in the LDFA for tax capture will be held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
SEDP: Justin Horvath gave some statistics in Shiawassee County. Unemployment rate is 4%. There have been 3000 new jobs since 2010. The private sector wages have increased by 11% and the poverty level is at 12%.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: A Risk Reduction Grant Program is available through Mich. Twp Participating Plan; notification that our retirement company will be changing from Met Life to Bright House Ins.; an offer for cyber insurance is offered by our insurance company.
- · Fulks gave a report of the March 13 & 14, 2017 Board of Review hearings. There were 9 changes to assessments and 7 VA Exemptions.
- · The agreement with the Village of Morrice for Tax Use Collection was renewed with no changes Fraser moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · The 2016-2017 Budget Amendments were DDA: increase of $1000 for Rose Blvd Lights; increase of $6,250 Bennett Dr Lights; reduction of $7,250 to Contingency. These changes account for added lights on Bennett Dr., Landing Rd; and Rose Blvd. Special Assessment: increase $1,500 for Rose Lights; Increase $500 for Bennett Dr Lights. Also to account for the added lights on Bennett Dr and Rose Blvd. Roselawn: Unrealized Loss on Investment to $4,200 and decrease contingency by $4,200. This accounts for a decreased value in T-Bonds. Recycling: increase $6,471.28 for the County Solid Waste Grant; increase by $400 for donations and contracted services. This accounts for Solid Waste Grand and increased use. Fulks moved; Schmidt seconded to approve the budget amendments. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · Audit Proposals were reviewed. Fraser moved, Griffith seconded to approve Layton & Richardson PC for 3 years in the amounts of 2017 $5,000; 2018 $5,100 and 2019 $5,200. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · The application of the Shift Shop for rezoning from A2 to B3 was discussed. The Twp Board feels adequate review is necessary and the appropriate processes need to be followed and not rushed. The Twp Board will take into consideration the opinion of our Planning Commission then we will give our recommendations to the County on this matter.
- · The State Tax Commission did an Audit of Minimum Assessing Requirements on most assessing units in Shiawassee Co. Perry Twp failed to meet 3 requirements. Corrections have been made for all deficiencies.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded to adjourn. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk