Perry Township Board Regular Meeting
Present: Sidney Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Deputy Mark Schmidt, John Michalec, Dean Welte, Brent Friess, Steve Zemcik from SCRC.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve with additions. Carried
January minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Sheriff’s report: 144 calls and 29 traffic stops, and 19 motorist assist for the Township.
SSESA: 41 runs, 284 runs in Perry Twp for the year. Total SSESA runs for the year is 1541. Another ambulance was purchased and training has begun on the ladder truck.
No reports from DDA, Co. Comm. and I69 Corr.
Zoning: A permit was issued for construction of a barn.
Recycling: Donations for January were $100.
District Library: Changed bank accounts at Security Credit Union to Chemical Bank.
Parks & Rec: Francis Griffith attended a class for applying for grants. Troy Parmalee and Dan Munro will be working on an agreement for a park.
SEDP: Danny Miller is the new vice-chairman. The armory project is moving forward.
Planning Commission: A letter has been sent to MDOT regarding the “Round about”. A notice of intent to update our Land Use Plan have been sent out.
Region 6: Resubmission for grants is underway.
Financial statements and bills paid. Schmidt moved, Fraser seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes. Carried.
Correspondence: We received a letter of request by Lon Ehrhart to reschedule his tax tribunal hearing date. We also received a gas line safety survey.
- Trans Fleet update: The county approved the site plan, start of construction for the building is planned for March.
- Emergency Center update: Sid Grinnell has attempted to contact the Red Cross to get the requirements for the Twp Hall to be an Emergency Center. We are looking into what grants are available for this.
- A letter to the US Dept. of Transportation in support of designating I-69 from the Blue Water Bridge to Lansing as a Primary Freight Network (PFN) was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes. Carried.
- The Board of Review Hearing Dates were approved. Monday, March 10, 2014 from 9am – 3pm and Tuesday, March 11, 2014 from 3pm – 9pm. A third session will be added if needed. The organizational meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 8am. All meetings will be held at the Perry Twp Hall. All ayes. Carried.
- Salary Resolutions for 2014 suggested for the officials were approved: Supervisor $16695.00. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes. Carried; Treasurer $16695.00. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried. Clerk $16695.00. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes. Carried. These recommendations are subject to the annual meeting. All salaries are the same as last year.
- The Budget Workshop date has been set for February 19, 2014 at 6:30pm at Perry Twp Hall. All ayes. Carried.
- The Annual Meeting Date and Time was set for March 5, 2014 at 6:30pm. Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded. All ayes. Carried.
- A Hall Floor Waxing Bid was approved to have A & K Professional Cleaners in the amount of $1171.86. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded; Roll call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes. Carried.
- A Resolution for the Poverty Exemption Guideline using the Federal Government standards for 2014 was approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. All ayes. Carried.
- The Assessors Contract Renewal for 2014 for 3 years starting April 1, 2014 was approved in the amount of $18000 each year. The Salary is the same as the last 3 year contract. Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded; Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried.
- The Mowing Agreement extension with Munro Enterprise, LLC was approved at the same rates as 2013. Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded; Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes. Carried.
- The Shiawassee County Road Commission gave input on the Beardslee Rd project as to what needs to be done to make it a stable road. Welte agreed to bid it out as a project. The fog lines will be repainted on the roads that have been chip sealed. Information was given on the cost of fuel to run 26 plow trucks and 6 graders for the month of January ($83,455.00) Welte recommends that all Shiawassee Co. Residents write or call State Rep. Ben Glardon and tell him we need the ACT 51 money to support our local roads in Shiawassee Co.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded to adjourn. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk