PERRY TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
AUGUST 6, 2014
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Deputy Mark Schmidt
The Supervisor opened the Regular Meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
July 9, 2014 regular meeting minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Sheriff’s Report: 59 calls; 177 traffic stops; 2 breaking and entering in the township.
SSESA: 123 ambulance runs for June; 24 runs in Perry Twp, and 880 total SSESA runs for the year.
Zoning: There were permits issued for 1 poll building and house and 4 misc. permits.
Recycling: $200 donations for July. The Future Problem Solvers organization would like to be involved in the recycling program this year as a project.
District Library: At their meeting provided the annual report; will be starting a lease program for books on CD & DVD.
Parks & Rec: Trustee Griffith contacted the Lardie’s requesting the purchase of property behind the Twp Hall, they declined at this time.
Financial Statements and bills paid: Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt Parmalee. All ayes.
- Parmalee gave an update on the Lansing Rd Water Extension project. The Twp and City are very close to an agreement. The board approved an agreement with the City to split evenly the costs of engineers, expenses, etc., for services related to the project to date if the project doesn’t happen. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- Ellsworth Rd has been seal coated and Beardslee Rd has been ditched.
- We received the proposed opinion and judgment in the case of Lon &Ina Ehrhart vs Perry Township. The proposed ruling is in favor of the Township.
- The DDA has approved the Rowe Engineering TIF Development Plan update proposal. The update will extend the DDA another 15 years. Public hearings will follow.
- The agreement between Perry Twp and Perry Fest Inc. was updated for Perry Fest. Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes.
- The board approved Thomas Emery to fill a vacancy on the DDA board. He will serve 3 years of a 4 year term that will expire March 31, 2017. Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes.
- The public hearings for the Ambulance Special Assessment is set for Sep. 3, 2014 and Oct. 1, 2014 all meetings will start at 7:00 pm. Notices will be sent to all residents. Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Grinnell, Schmidt. All ayes.
- Gorsline-Runciman contacted the Twp for a disinterment of cremains. $100 was approved to charge for the disinterment with the Sexton receiving the normal contract rate. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The Twp attorney will be retiring at the end of Oct. We will be accepting proposals from other attorneys. Parmalee requested the use of William Fahey to review the Lansing Rd water extension agreement. Grinnell moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes.
Adjourn: Grinnell moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk