PERRY TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
AND PUBLIC HEARING
November 5, 2014
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Doug Piggott, Deputy Mark Schmidt, Bob A Roberts, Phyllis McKenzie, Jim and Janet Lee and Joe Falzon.
The Supervisor opened the Meetings with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
DDA TIF PLAN EXTENSION
The Public Hearing was opened at 7:06 pm
This hearing is to consider amendments to the Tax Increment Financing Plan elements of the Township Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Plan (TIF). The impact of the amendment would be to extend the TIF Plan for an additional 15 years to 2036. Doug Piggott with Roe Engineering, explained the summary of changes. 1) Update of current taxable values of property within the DDA and discussion of the impact of the approved Proposal 1 in Aug. 2014. District 1: 2011 -$3,186,271 / 2014-$3,096,884. District 2: 2011- $719,575 / 2014- $491,105 2) Update Tax Roll Worksheet 3) Extend the duration of the program by 15 years to 2036. 4) Clarifies that the plan proposes to capture SSESA only in District 2 and that the Township has an agreement that allows for the capture of tax increment in District 1 upon new development or significant improvement to an existing development at the discretion of the SSESA Board. 5) Update projected TIF revenue by year; 2011-2021 $305,683 and 2014-2036 $694,730. 6) Update assumptions used in estimating impact of TIF on taxing jurisdictions. 7) Update estimated impact of DDA tax revenue capture of the Taxing jurisdictions. Shiawassee County 0.047%; Council on Aging 0.076%; Veterans Millage 0.181%; Perry Township 0.598%; and SSESA 0.812%.
Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to adopt the resolution extending the Plan to 2036. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes.
The public hearing was closed at 7:20 pm.
October 1, 2014 meeting minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Griffith second. Carried.
Sheriff’s Report: Deputy Schmidt reported, there were 184 calls, 70 traffic stops, 14 car deer accidents.
SSESA: 149 runs, 25 runs in Perry Twp for the year. Total SSESA runs for the year is 1290.
Zoning: Permit requests for 2 poll barns and 1 garage.
Recycling: $200 in donations for the month of Oct. The committee is hoping to have a proposal for extending the recycling agreement at the next meeting.
Library: Next meeting will be held Nov. 19, 2014 at the Perry Library.
Parks & Rec: The Morrice Village attorney confirmed that the Twp could not be placed on the deed of the park without the vote of the people. Another option would be a lease the park to the Joint Park Board for 10 years with four extensions, available to the Twp at its sole option. The Twp will be asking the public for their opinion about the park. Please write or call.
I69 Corr: A public hearing will be held Nov 18, 2014 to adopt a development plan for the LDFA.
Financial Statements and bills paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. Carried.
- A new catch basin was put in the Blanchard drain and trees have been trimmed.
- We received the 2014 Special Assessment for Shiawassee County Drains. Total at Large $12,050.29 and Specials $37,624.77. Motion made to pay from our At Large Account by Fraser; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- A meeting was held to firm up the Lansing Rd Water Extension Agreement. There was a concern regarding the water tower property. The Property must be in the bond holder’s name. It was recommended by the engineer and agreed by all parties to identify a 5 acre area in which the city has an option to pick a site depending on the requirements at the time of construction. Knapp brothers are looking at early spring to start building.
- A Site Plan Review was submitted by Michigan Iron for new construction of a 30×30 storage building.
- Approval to send board members and deputies to the 2014 MTA Conference was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The MDOT annual Traffic Summit will be held Nov. 12, 2014; 2:00 pm at the Road Commission.
- Approval to send Board members, deputies and spouses to the Annual MTA dinner at $11 per person. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes.
- An addition to the cemetery price list for multiple cremations and update to the Sextons contract was approved. Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded to approve the addition to the cemetery price list of multiple cremations in one grave to $100 for a single cremation and $50 for each additional cremation with the sexton to receive $75 for a single and $37 for each additional. All ayes.
- A request for donation of a burial site because of indigence was approved and an update to the cemetery rules and regulations to clarify this situation will be done. Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded. Roll call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes.
- The Light fixtures outside the west doors need to be replaced. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve up to $1000 to replace fixtures. Roll call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes.
- There still remains to be complaints about mud bogging off of Ellsworth Rd. The addresses of the appropriate people and organizations will be given to the complainants for contact.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried