PERRY TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
DECEMBER 3, 2014
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Tom Emery, John Plowman
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions: Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. All ayes.
November 5, 2014 meeting minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes.
Sheriff’s Report: 156 calls in the township and 47 traffic stops.
SSESA: 119 runs for October; 17 runs in Perry Twp; Total SSESA runs for the year, 1415.
Co. Comm.: John Plowman updated the board regarding the County’s budget. A public hearing will be held Dec. 11, 2014 at 4:00 pm on the County’s budget.
Recycling: $500 in donations for November.
Library: Perry City Library received an award for improvements they have done at the library.
Parks & Rec: The Township board is still looking for input regarding the old Lion’s park in Morrice. Should the Twp partner with the Village of Morrice for a public park? Please call or send correspondence to the Perry Twp Hall. 517-625-4597.
I69 Corr: The 2014 International Economic Development Council Bronze Award was presented to the I69 International Trade Corridor in recognition of I69 International Trade Corridor-Michigan’s Blue Water Gateway Regionalism & Cross-Border Collaboration.
Financial Statements and bills paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll call: Grinnell; Fraser; Griffith, Schmidt; Parmalee. All ayes.
Correspondence: The Board of State Canvassers completed its canvas of the Nov. 4, 2014 general election on Monday, Nov. 24, 2014.
- Language in the cemetery rules and regulations was added for indigent persons needing a burial plot. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes.
- The LDFA plan was approved by the I69 Corridor. The MEDC also reviewed the plan and will be recommending approval for the Water Extension Project.
- A recycling agreement between the Village of Morrice, the City of Perry, and Perry Township was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The winter board of review will meet Dec. 9, 2014 at 8:00 am to adjust errors only and look at veterans exemptions.
- Perry Twp will host the MTA meeting on Feb. 3, 2014 here at the Twp Hall.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried