PERRY TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
JANUARY 7, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Tom Emery, Beverly Vandenberg, Duane Wood
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes.
December 3, 2014 minutes approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes.
Sheriff’s Report: 168 calls in the township and 74 traffic stops.
SSESA: 114 runs for Nov.;22 runs in Perry Twp; Total SSESA runs for the year, 1539.
DDA: There has been interest in the old Talbot property for purchase.
Recycling: Donations of $270 for Dec. plus additional personal donations. The recycling agreement was approved at the quarterly meeting.
Library: New board members were elected.
SEDP: The annual meeting will be the 1st week of March.
Region 5: We received the 2014 PASER Survey of Shiawassee Co. regarding road conditions.
Financial Statements and bills paid: Fraser moved; Grinnell seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes.
Correspondence: There is a proposed Natural Gas Pipeline going through Burns Twp.
- We received the first draft of the Inter-Local Agreement for the Lansing Road Water Project. Knapp Bro. to hopefully start their project in the Spring. We may ask them to meet with the Twp at the next planning comm. meeting Thurs, Jan. 15 for an update on their project.
- Sid presented the proposed 2015 Road Projects. The estimated cost was $154,550. He will submit it to the Road Comm. to bid.
- A resolution to update the Twp credit card use policy was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes.
- The Twp Board reappointed Jeff Michalek, James Bashore, and David Fletcher to the Board of Review board for a 2 year term to begin Jan. 1, 2015. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes.
- The Twp approved the Board of Review and Supervisor to attend the MTA 2015 training at a cost of $79 each.
- Parmalee questioned if the TWP wanted to put a Park Plan millage question on the May 2015 ballot. This will be discussed with the Parks committee further and the TWP in Feb.
- A resolution to set the 2015 poverty exemption guidelines and asset test for the TWP to the recommended federal guidelines was approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes.
- The Pickeral Lake Drain will be worked on this year near the west side of the golf course.
- The snow plowing contract with Freed of Work LLC was extended for 2015. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes.
- T. Emery asked how the road commission’s decision to release Mr. Welte would affect the TWP? The response was “unknown but we don’t think it will affect us.”
- PERRY TWP IS LOOKING FOR PERSONS INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE PLANNING COMMISION AND DDA BOARDS. If interested please contact Kelly Schmidt, Clerk at 517-625-4597 ext 223.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried.