Perry Township Regular Meeting
February 4, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Sandy Michalek, Kim Kollek-Jewell, Duane Wood, Deana Finnigan, Tom Emery, John Plowman, John Michalec, Mike Constine, Steve Zencik, Brent Friess.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
January minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Comments: Deana Finnigan reported in Perry Twp from Aug 2014 to Jan 2015 there were 8 alcohol related crimes and 14 serious felonies. 22 State Troopers have been assigned to Shiawassee Co.
Sheriff’s Report: 138 calls; 62 traffic stops in Perry Twp.
SSESA: 177 runs in Dec; 29 in Perry Twp.; Total SSESA runs for year 1729.
Co. Comm: John Plowman, (Solid waste Comm) reported the waste management contract was up in June 2014, if renewed the Co. would use funds for hazardous waste programs. The first payment received was $18,000. The Co. is considering placing the sheriffs millage back on the May ballot.
Library: The Corunna Friends group donated $3500 for furniture and E books. They have been given notice by the City of Corunna that the building where the book store is now maybe taken over by the Mi St Police for a post.
I69 Corr: The State officially approved the LDFA Tax capture.
Planning Com: The By-Laws have been updated and approved and will be given to the TWP Board soon.
Financial statements and bills paid. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes. Carried
Correspondence: The Village of Morrice will hold a Public Hearing regarding the their DDA Feb. 24, 2015 at 6pm at the Village Hall. Our Auditors have merged Andrews Hooper Pavlik PLC. Blamer Financial Serv. Has taken over our pension plan account.
- Parmalee presented clarification language to be added to the Water Agreement Draft with the City of Perry.
- Griffith reported on Park. More discussion is necessary regarding the deed to the park before any decisions can be made.
- The TWP is in need of legal representation after the retirement of attorney James Smith. We received attorney proposals from William Fahey , Robert Ellis, Thomas Emery. The Board chose Thomas Emery to fill that position with a one year contract to be reviewed each year. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes. Carried.
- Salary Resolutions for 2015 suggested for the officials were approved. Supervisor $16695.00. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes. Carried. Treasurer $16695.00 Grinnell moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried. Clerk $16695.00 Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes. Carried. These recommendations are subject to the annual meeting. All salaries are the same as last year.
- The Budget Workshop meeting has been set for Feb. 25, 2015 at 6:30 pm at the Perry Twp Hall. All ayes. Carried
- The Regular meeting date has been moved to March 11, 2015 at 7:00pm and the Annual meeting date has been set for March 11, 2015 at 6:30 pm. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes. Carried
- The 2015 Lawn mowing agreement extension with Munro Enterprises, LLC. was approved at the same rate as 2014. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes. Carried.
- The 2015 Board of Review Hearing Dates were approved. Mon., March 9 from 9am – 3pm; Tues. March 10 3pm – 9pm. A third session will be added if needed. The organizational meeting will be held on Tues. March 3 at 8 am. All meetings will be held at the Perry Twp Hall. All ayes. Carried.
- A Hall Floor Waxing Bid was approved to have Fosters Floor Coverings in the amount of $900.00. Schmidt, moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes. Carried.
- George Huffman was approved to fill a current vacancy to expire Mar 31, 2015 and an additional 4 year term on the DDA Board. Parmalee, moved; Fraser seconded. Roll call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes. Carried. There are vacancies on the DDA Board. If interested please contact Sid Grinnell.
- Walt Saxton was approved to renew a 3 year term on the Planning Comm. and Duane Wood was appointed to a 3 year term on the Planning Comm. board effective April 1, 2015. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded; Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes. Carried.
- Brent Friess and members of the road comm. gave a projected project report for the Co. with estimates on cost of crack seal, chip seal and gravel prices.
- There have been resident complaints regarding people living in a travel trailer at 5198 Britton Rd. Grinnell will contact the Co.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.