Perry Township Regular Meeting
May 13, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Tom Emery
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
April minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 155 calls in the Twp; 59 traffic stops.
SSESA: 18 runs in the Twp in March; 54 for the year; Total SSESA runs for the year is 435.
Planning Comm: Still working on the Land Use Plan.
Zoning: The County has sent ordinance amendments for review.
Financial Statements and Bills Paid: Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded to approve. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes, Carried
- Water project time line: There was a meeting with the county, township, city and engineer for Transfleet Trucking regarding the time line for this project. Time lines were given by the engineer but no permits have been applied for yet.
- Parks agreement update: The agreement has been sent to the DNR for review.
- Fireworks Contract with the Village: The indemnity clause was removed from the original contract at the request of the Village. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to accept the change to the contract. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes, Carried
- Election Report: The election process went well and the Canvas is closed.
- There was another Mud Bog complaint. The Township will again contact the appropriate agencies for this complainant.
- The South Looking Glass Drain has had trees fall in it by the golf course. The Drain Commission will be removing them this summer.
- There was a request to have a bench placed behind a headstone in the Roselawn Cemetery Veterans Circle. The decision has been tabled until further review of proper etiquette for a veteran’s memorial site.
- The Township’s yard sign needs to be replaced. Numerous bids were sought; Douglas Sign- wood $3,769.00, foam- $2,993.00; Signarama- foam $10,571.77; Signs by Tomorrow- PVC- $4,195.51; Great Lakes Monument Co.- granite- $4,000.00. The granite was approved because of its longevity. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes, Carried.
- Each year we receive a request from “Magnet” (Mid-Michigan Area Group Narcotics Enforcement Team) for support. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded to approve $2000.00. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes, Carried.
- 2014-2015 Budget amendments were General Fund, Cemetery Contracted services increase $5000.00 and other Revenues increased by $5000.00 to adjust for insurance reimbursement on cemetery damage. Recycling fund, increased donations by $600.00 and contracted services by $600.00 to adjust for more use.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk