Perry Township Regular Meeting
June 3, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
May minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 155 calls in the Twp; 68 traffic stops.
SSESA: 13 runs in Twp for April; 67 for the year; Total SSESA runs for the year is 589. SSESA has written off about $20,000 for inability to pay. They have applied for a FEMA grant for a safety rig.
Recycling: Received $500 in donations from April to May. The Perry Future Problem Solvers, who have advanced in competition to the international finalist level, donated 10% of their fundraising to the Recycling Program.
Planning Comm: Still working on what now needs to be a “Master Plan.” There are still some questions about the subdivision act. They hope to finalize all corrections soon and complete the Plan.
Financial Statements and Bills Paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- Water Agreement update- none
- We have added new language for the Veteran’s Memorial Circle area in the Rose Lawn Cemetery Rules and Regulations book. This new language is respectfully changed to preserve the dignity of our Veteran’s Memorial Circle and is based on many U.S. National Cemetery allowances for military burial areas. For a new book please contact the Township Hall 517-625-4597 ext 223. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded to approve the new language. All ayes Carried.
- There were one set of prints submitted for permits to the County for the Transfleet Trucking Project. The County will be reviewing this set of prints as they wait for additional prints that are required.
- We requested bids to crack seal, seal and restripe the Twp Hall parking lot. Kickin’Asphalt bid $2890; OneWay Asphalt bid $3690; Michigan Paving bid $19,073. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve the Kickin’ Asphalt bid. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- The Township will be posting the Hall Custodial/Grounds keeping position to be filled Aug 1, 2015. All interested parties call the Perry Twp Hall at 517-625-4597 ext 223
- In preparation to replace the Twp Hall road sign, a letter will be sent to the County Board of Comm. requesting that all trade fees and application fees be waived. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. All ayes Carried.
- There was a request by Mr. & Mrs. Lewis to place a foundation larger then our standard size at a calculated rate. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve custom size foundation. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- A request to modify the current flag pole in the Old Section of the Cemetery so it can be tipped when repairs are needed. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded to authorize funds not to exceed $400. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- A request to increase the open/closing fees by the Sexton. Action Tabled until next meeting.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk