Perry Township Regular Meeting
August 5, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Sandra Michalek, Duane Wood, Darlene Parks, Tom Bolduc, Tom Emery, Gene Paez, Walt Saxton, Joe Ocenasik, Larry Place.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried.
July Minutes approved with corrections. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Sheriff Report: 124 calls in the Twp.; 32 traffic stops.
Recycling: A quarterly meeting was held. The board is looking for a member to replace Kevin Fueka. They are looking into possible funding through the Waste Management program through the county.
Library: Storm doors will be installed on the Morrice Library to help with the water problem.
SEDP: Financing for the armory has been approved and 60% of the building has been rented out.
Financial Statements and Bills Paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Unfinished Business: None
- Grinnell gave an update on the Transfleet building on Lansing Rd. The bays of the project have been built. We are waiting on word of when the office space will be built. The water extension project is contingent on the construction of this project at this time.
- A request from the Perry Fest board for a contribution in the amount of $2000.00 was approved contingent on renewing the agreement. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- The Perry Township Board hereby approves the draft Perry Township Master Plan for public hearing by the Planning Commission and that the notices required under the Michigan Planning Enabling Act be sent and published. The Public Hearing is set for Oct. 15, 2015, 7:00 pm at the Perry Twp Hall, 2770 W. Ellsworth Rd, Perry. Grinnell moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- Grinnell gave a report on the roads that have be repaired and completed. Morrice Rd North and South of the Village; Britton Rd. east of the Village to the Twp line; Miller Rd (project joint with Bennington Twp); Delaney & Munch Rd received the budgeted extra mile of gravel. The Bridge is out on Ellsworth Rd East of Morrice Rd. The Road will be closed until repairs are completed.
- Grinnell gave a report on the drains that will be worked on. The Perry/Bennington catch basin needs to be cleaned and a tile added and the drain under I69 needs to be cleaned.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals for the Twp variance request was canceled for Aug. The next meeting is set for Sept. 9.
- The custodial hourly wage was raised to $12.00/hr with a guarantee of 3 hours after each hall renal. We are still taking applicants for this position. Call 517-625-4597 ext. 223. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved, Fraser seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk