Perry Township Regular Meeting
July 1, 2015
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Doug Piggot, John Plowman.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
June minutes approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 118 calls in the Twp.; 30 traffic stops
Co. Comm: Plowman gave update on payment paid to the DEQ reference the land fill. Discussions are ongoing about whether to hire a county administrator and the upcoming operating millage for Nov. 2016. The Waist Mgt program will be hosting a hazardous waist pick up on Aug. 22 (Sat.) from 8am-7pm. Drop off will be at Perry City Hall no questions asked.
Library: Morrice library flooded again after the last storm. The personnel comm. is considering offering an IRA Retirement plan to the librarians.
Financial Statements and Bills Paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried
- No report on water agreement.
- The sexton requested an increase for open/closing of full burials. We have agreed to increase the full burials for Spring/Summer/Fall from $450 to $500 and Winter to $500 to $700. We will also be changing the Spring/Summer months to April 1st through Nov. 30th and Winter months to Dec. 1st through March 31st. The sexton’s monthly rate will be increased from $625 to $775.
- The Summer 2015 Board of Review will meet July 21, 2015 at 8:00am at the Perry Twp Hall. This is to make changes for clerical errors and homesteads.
- New FOIA Laws go into effect July 1, 2015. The Board adopted three resolutions to bring the Twp into compliance. Resolution #1 Establishing a Fee Structure. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve. Roll call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried. Resolution #2 Establishing the FOIA Procedures and Guidelines. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried. Resolution #3 Establishing a written Public Summary of the FOIA Procedures and Guidelines. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded to approve. Roll call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- A request from Melissa Jackson to reduce the Hall rental rate for the use of the kitchen and bathrooms for a wedding next door. I was the consensus of the Board to keep the current rate for a wedding for this rental due to the amount of traffic that will be in and out of the hall. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
- Mark Fraser requested to move the Sept. 2, 2015 Board meeting to Sept. 9, 2015. Parmalee moved; Grinnell seconded to approve. All ayes Carried.
- Doug Piggot from Rowe Engineering explained the steps that will need to be taken to update the Twp Master Plan. An explanation regarding the need for a subdivision control ordinance was also given.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk