Perry Township Regular Meeting
September 9, 2015
Present: Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Absent: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk.
Guests: Jami Cromley, Tom Bolduc
The Meeting was opened with the pledge to the flag.
Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to appoint Parmalee as Chairman for this meeting. Carried
Comments: Tom Bolduc discussed a noise ordinance concern. Fraser recommended that the time limit be enforced on Public Comments for all subsequent meetings.
Agenda approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
August Minutes approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 163 Calls in the Twp, 33 traffic stops.
SSESA: 136 runs, 12 runs in Perry Twp for the year. 1041 total SSESA runs for the year.
Zoning: A couple building permits were issues and a site plan review was requested.
DDA: The lighting project for Rose Boulevard was approved up to $27,000 by the DDA.
Recycling: There was just under $400 donated in the last 2 months.
Library: Jami Cromley from the District Library gave the annual report for 2014-2015 and passed out brochures. Morrice is still having water problems. The CDL is looking into how to correct this problem. Storm doors will be installed.
I69 Corr: A reorganization of the officers due to people leaving has taken place.
Planning Comm: The Public Hearing for the Township’s Master Plan will be held on October 15, 2015 at 7:00pm, in the Planning Comm. room, at the Township Hall.
Financial Statements and Bills Paid: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: 1) There will be an Electronic Waste Recycling collection on Oct. 3 from 9-12 at the Shiawassee Conservation District Office. 2) There was a West Nile Virus Fact Sheet sent to us following the identification of a dead crow in the City of Perry.
- · There was discussion on the Noise Ordinance for the County dated 1993. The Attorney General’s opinion in 2002 was that a noncharter county lacks authority to adopt a countywide noise control ordinance. Perry Township also has a noise ordinance that was not rescinded when this opinion was given, however the Township Board’s opinion is that it is unenforceable due to the fact that we don’t have a law enforcement department and the Sheriff’s Office won’t enforce local ordinances. In requesting assistance of the Sheriff it was noted that 1) they don’t have Deputies on after 4:00pm and 2) to contract with them would cost about $100,000 for enforcement.
- · Update on the Water Extension Project was that the Transfleet Buildings are getting built but it looks like the Project may be done in the spring.
- · The Ellsworth Rd Bridge still remains closed. The Drain Commissioner is looking into what the repair options are.
- · A recommendation was submitted by the Supervisor regarding the proposed 2016 Road Program. Griffith reported on a new Chip Seal process that may be used for 2016. The reason for the switch to the DM90 chip seal was for safety reasons of the workers. It uses 170* water compared to the current process of 300* oil when laying the sealant. Clinton Count has been using this process and has been happy with the results. They will be providing us a list of roads it has been used on to review.
- · A foundation for the King Family was requested 14x60x42. In looking back to a previous families request of a similar size the cost was calculated the same. $840 for the foundation and the sexton to receive $432. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried
Adjourn: Griffith moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk