Perry Township Regular Meeting
October 7, 2015
Present: Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees
Absent: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor
Guests: Duane Wood, Tom Emery
The Clerk opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag
Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to appoint Parmalee as Chairman for this meeting. All ayes Carried
Agenda approved with additions: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
September Minutes approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Sheriff Report: 125 calls in the Twp; 35 traffic stops.
SSESA: 128 runs; 27 runs in Perry Twp for the year; 1182 total SSESA runs for the year.
Zoning: 3 building permits and 1 zoning permit was applied for.
Recycling: There was $292 in donations in September.
Library: The CDL is reviewing a retirement plan for the library employees.
SEDP: There will be a meeting held October 13, 2015, 7:00 pm at Perry City Hall to update us on the Transfleet Project.
Planning Comm: There will be a Public Hearing for the Perry Twp Master Plan on October 15, 2015,
7:00 pm at the Perry Twp Hall.
Correspondence: The Auditors will have the Twp. report soon. A light has been installed to illuminate the Twp Hall Flag. The Shiawassee Conservation District acknowledged Michael Benjamin in his achievement of the Farmstead and Cropping System verification under the Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program. The Township also will be sending a letter of congratulations. The Annual MTA Banquet will be held Nov. 7, 2015 at 7:00 pm at GG’s.
The MTA Annual Education Conference & Expo will be held Jan. 19-22 at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center. Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded to approve any board members and deputies that wish to go to the conference. Roll call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fraser. All ayes Carried
- · The Boards opinion regarding enforcement of our noise ordinance is that it is not appropriate at this time the legislative branch of Government get involved in what is considered a civil matter in the complaint of noise on Ruppert Rd.
- · The 2016 Road Project list will be given to the Road Comm. for review.
- · The Twp Board has accepted a letter of interest and appointed Angela Falzon for a 4 year term to the DDA Board. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · The Snow Plowing agreement for 2015-2016 was extended with Freed of Work LLC until October 1, 2016. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Parmalee, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The Twp Board reappointed Mark Fraser until March 31, 2016 and William Colby until March 31, 2018 to the SSESA Board. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Fraser abstained, Griffith, Schmidt, and Parmalee, All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk