Perry Township Regular Meeting
And Public Hearing
November 4, 2015
Present: Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees
Absent: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor
Guests: Justin Horvath, John Plowman
The Clerk opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to appoint Parmalee as Chairman for this meeting. All ayes Carried.
Agenda approved with corrections and additions: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried.
The Public Hearing for the Fertilizer Dealer Supply Inc. IFT renewal was opened at 7:03 pm. Parmalee reported that Fertilizer Dealer Supply Inc. has kept to the previous agreement. Justin Horvath was present to represent Fertilizer Dealer Supply Inc. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to renew certificate #2009-283, an industrial facilities tax abatement for the Fertilizer Dealer Supply Inc. of 10762 Bennett Dr., Morrice, MI which includes property #78-014-99-400-004 & #78-014-99-400-005 in the Perry Township Industrial Park for an additional two years. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
The Public Hearing was closed at 7:08 pm.
October 7, 2015 Regular meeting minutes and the October 23 Special meeting minutes were approved.
Griffith moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Sheriff Report: 142 calls in the Twp; 27 traffic stops.
SSESA: 123 runs; 29 in the Twp for the year; 1316 total SSESA runs for the year.
Zoning: A re-zoning application for Elsessor’s Auto was submitted and is waiting for a staff review by the County.
Co. Comm.: The County passed the 2016 budget. It is anticipated that no monies will be taken from the delinquent tax fund. The County has contracted for 2 yrs at $95,000/yr with the RESD for IT support after the resignation of their computer tech. There has been discussion that the 911 board would like to go from an advisory board to an autonomous entity. The County is investigating to see if this is possible. There will be a County operating millage placed on the ballot August 2016. The amount requested will be determined on the size of the Sheriff’s Office that the public would like.
Recycling: $170 in donations for October.
Library: The CDL Board voted to give the employees a retirement pkg and a raise.
I69 Corr: An attorney will be analyzing if Elsessor’s Auto would qualify for tax capture through the LDFA if they move to Lansing Rd.
Approve financial statement and pay the bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt; Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · The Twp Board tabled the Resolution of the Master Plan until next month.
- · The 2015 Special Assessment for Shiawassee County Drains at Large was approved for $11,392.31. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · The Ellsworth Rd Bridge drain may be replaced with a oval shaped culvert contingent on the agreement of both the County Drain Comm and the County Road Comm. Tony Newman will be speaking to the Road Comm. To expedite the repair the Twp Board approved up to $20,000 for the repair. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried. (If it is not approved by the County the road will remain closed.)
- · There was a request to use the Twp’s easement off M-52 by a farmer to access a field, however, there is not a driveway. No action taken.
- · The 2015 Winter Board of Review is set for December 15, 2015 at 8:00 am. This meeting is to adjust errors only and look at veterans and property tax poverty exemptions.
- · The Board approved a reappointment of Patty Fraser to CDL Board for a 4 year term to expire Dec. 31, 2019. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk