Perry Township Regular Meeting
December 2, 2015
Present: Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Absent: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor
Guests: Tom Emery, Adam Elsesser, Brent Jones
The Clerk opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to appoint Parmalee as Chairman for this meeting. All ayes Carried.
Agenda approved with additions. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried.
October 7, 2015 minutes were re approved with corrections. Fraser moved, Griffith seconded. Carried.
November 4, 2015 minutes were approved. Griffith moved, Fraser seconded. Carried.
Sheriff Report: 168 calls in the Township; 52 traffic stops.
SSESA: 129 runs; 29 runs in the Township; 1459 total SSESA runs for the year.
Recycling: $181 in donations for November.
Library: The “Food for Fines” program is under way. In lieu of library fines, food items were being accepted to be donated to local food banks.
Parks & Rec: There has been no response from the DNR regarding a grant to help with the park project in Morrice. Therefore, the Township Board feels it is in our best interest to withdraw from the project.
Approve financial statement and pay the bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- The Planning Comm. will be asked to re–sign the resolution for the Master Plan for the Township that removes a statement that the Perry Township Board reserved for itself final approval of the plan by resolution. We did not make that resolution as a Board.
- The Township Board approved the renewal of the Cooperative Recycling Agreement for one year beginning Jan. 1, 2016 with no changes. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- The City of Perry has chosen Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. to do a “Proposed Water Tower Preliminary Engineering Evaluation.” The cost is $4500 to research a suitable site to place a water tower for the Lansing Road Water Extension Project. The Township Board agreed to authorize the city to proceed with this evaluation. The cost will be part of the project or split between the City and Twp if the project does not proceed. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- An application by 2E. Properties LLC. to rezone parcel # 78-014-10-300-007, an 8.8 acres parcel from A-2 to M-1 with added exclusions of junk yards and sexually oriented businesses was reviewed by the Township Planning Comm. It was recommended that the Perry Township Board approve the rezoning of this property for an automotive repair facility and to exclude junk yards and sexually oriented business for this property. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve the rezoning. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- There was interest by Sue Hammond, who lives in the City of Perry, to serve on the Recycling Committee. Due to the lack of interest of service to the committee the Township has approved the appointment of Sue Hammond as a Township representative. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk