Perry Township Regular Meeting
January 6, 2016
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Jim Demis, Lori Chant, John Plowman.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda with additions was approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Dec. 2, 2015 minutes was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s Report: 142 calls in the Twp; 47 traffic stops.
SSESA: 22 TWP runs for the month; 223 TWP runs for the year; Total SSESA runs for the year: 1589.
Recycling: $162 in donations for December.
Parks & Rec: Griffith suggested sending a letter to the Lardie’s requesting to purchase an acre behind the TWP Hall.
County Comm: Plowman reported on county business.
Financial statement and pay the bills approved: Fraser moved, Griffith seconded. Roll call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- The 2016 Mineral Well Brine Agreement was approved for 26.72 miles; 81,000 gallons at
$ .1595/gal; totaling $12,919.50. Plus, an additional 1,000 gallons for a second application totaling $4,306.50. This is an extension from last year at the same cost. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried. Further review of the 2016 recommended Road Projects will be discussed at the Budget Work Session.
- Griffith reported on an Ordinance Class he attended. Information on enforcement was not covered. However, many resources were given.
- Lori Chant from Andrews, Hooper & Pavlik presented the 2014 audit. The TWP received a clean audit rating. Jim Demis explained the reason why the audit was submitted late by their firm due to the sale of Demis and Wenzlick Financial services and assured us that next year’s audit will be timely. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to accept the audit report. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- It was approved to send any Board of Review members and the Supervisor to the 2016 Board of Review Training in the amount of $81.00/person. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- The TWP Board reviewed the Application, Special Use Permit and Site Plan Review Staff Report for Adam Elsesser, c/o Lynnman Construction,LLC. The Board has no objections and will make a motion to allow the TWP Planning Comm to make the final recommendation to the County. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- The 2015 Pacer Report for Road quality was reviewed. The TWP ranked #4 of #16 with 16 being the worst. 44% of our roads were rated at poor condition, 32% rated fair and 24% rated good. For more information the report can be reviewed in the TWP office.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk