Perry Township Regular Meeting
April 6, 2016
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser, Francis Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Kim Kollek-Jewell.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
March 2, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes was approved. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 142 calls, 53 traffic stops in the Township.
DDA: The Board is looking into adding more lights on Bennett Dr.
Recycling: There was $158 in donations in March.
Library: The Community District Library is working on Ballot Language for the renewal of their millage, August election.
Parks & Rec: We received a letter from the Ladies’ declining the request to purchase land behind the hall for a park.
Financial Statement and pay the Bills approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- We received a thank you letter from “MAGNET” for continued support in protecting our communities against drug and related crimes.
- Supervisor Grinnell explained the proposed road projects for 2017.
- There is an ambulance service from Genesee Co. called “Stat EMS” that has requested permission to operate in Shiawassee Co. This Company is competition to our own Southwest Shiawassee Emergency Services Alliance (SSESA). They are not stationed at an ambulance/fire barn in our area but park near high volume areas and wait for calls.
- Kim Kollek-Jewell requested a contribution to the Morrice Independence Day Celebration for a firework display. $2000.00 was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- There were 2015-2016 Budget Amendments approved. Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- DDA: increase 830-446-972 Rose Blvd Lights to $26,000.00; reduce 830-299-980 Contingency $149,150.00 ($6,000.00 change). Approved by DDA.
- Special Assessment Fund: increase 448-000-406 Rose Blvd Lights to $119,90; increase 448-00-407 Rose Blvd Lights to $119.90 ($119.90 increase). Both adjustments above are to reflect Rose Blvd. Lights.
- Recycling: increase 596-521-802 Contracted Services to $5,400.00; increase 596-000-674 Donations to $2,600.00 ($400 increase). Adjustment to account for increased usage.
- The 2016-2017 Depositories were approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried to approve Chemical Bank, PNC Bank, 5/3 Bank and Ameriprise Financial as Depositories.
- The sale of an old floor scrubber in the amount of $125.00 and Commercial Vacuum in the amount of $20.00 was approved. Neither is being used anymore. Griffith moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- The approval to paint the bar area of the hall in the amount of $200.00 for labor. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried.