Perry Township Regular Meeting
July 6, 2016
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, George Huffman.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
June 1, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes was approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Public Comment: G. Huffman posed a question regarding the Right to Farm Act and Zoning.
Sheriff’s report: 158 calls, 37 traffics stops in the Twp.
SSESA: 30 runs for May in the Twp., 86 runs for the year; 693 total SSESA runs for the year.
Recycling: $286 in donations for June. The first part of the improvements at the recycling site have been completed, second part of the project is new fencing and the third part is a new sign all to be completed by the end of July.
Library: Carol Pavlica has been appointed as the new Branch Manager of the Perry Library.
Planning Comm: Comm members were renewed for the same positions for this year.
Financial statement & pay the bills approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · Perry Township Master Plan Copies are now printed and available for viewing.
- · Jessica Fry has submitted an application for a special use permit for a commercial equine establishment. The Twp Planning Comm. will review and submit a recommendation to the County Planning Comm. The Twp Board will defer the decision to our Planning Comm. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · The Perry Fest Comm. has requested a contribution for fireworks for the Sept. festival. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded to contribute $2000.00 towards fireworks with a signed agreement. Roll Call: Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The SEDP annual contribution in the amount of $3556.00 was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- · The Summer Board of Review to review corrections has been set for July 19, 2016 at 8:00 am, Perry Twp Hall.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk