Perry Township Regular Meeting
August 10, 2016
Present: Sid Grinnell, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
July 6, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes was approved: Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 161 calls, 34 traffic stops in the Twp in July.
SSESA: 25 runs for June, 111 runs in Perry Twp for the year; 847 total SSESA runs for the year. The new ambulance has arrived and has been sent out to be lettered.
Recycling: $251 in donations for July.
Planning Comm: Jessica Fry’s application was recommended by the Twp for approval and was approved by the County. Terry Gordon’s application was not recommended for approval by the Twp because the area it is not included in the Master Plan for commercial use.
Financial Statement & Pay the Bills approved: Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Grinnell, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · Terry Gordon requested to be on the agenda but did not show.
- · The supervisor requested to attend the Regional MTA meeting. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell. All ayes Carried.
- · There is a pine tree in the cemetery that is close to a power line that should be removed. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve up to $500 to have MR Green & Son remove the tree. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Co. Drain Comm. would like to clean the Looking Glass and the Maple River drains. Bids are being sought.
- · A resolution was approved to allow Steve Schweikert to receive a partial surrender of his retirement account for a medical hardship in the amount of $19,801.98. Griffith moved; Parmalee seconded; Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Grinnell, Fraser, and Griffith. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk