Perry Township Regular Meeting
December 7, 2016
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Will Willson, Tom Emery.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda approved with additions and omission: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes. Carried.
November 2, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes was approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes. Carried
Sheriff: 163 calls in the township, 36 traffic stops.
DDA: The DDA approved the SEDP payment of $2500for this year. There was discussion for another light on Bennett Drive.
SSESA: 16 runs for October, 191 runs for the year in the township. Total SSESA runs for the year are 1443.
Financial Statement & Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes. Carried.
- Update to the 2017 proposed Road Projects was noted.
- It was asked if we should cancel the Supervisors phone. After discussion, Supervisor Fulks asked if we could wait 3 months to see how many calls come in on it then decide. We will consider at the budget work session for next year.
- The DDA has decided to change their meeting dates to quarterly. The will be held on the third Thursday in January, April, July and October.
- The Board of Review members were up for reappointment starting in January. James Bashore, Jeff Michalek, and Dave Fletcher were reappointed for a 2 year term. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded to approve. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes. Carried.
- The Board of Review date is set for December 13, 2016 at 8 am at the Perry Township Hall. This meeting is for errors of fact on the assessment rolls. There will be NO hearings at this time.
- We received notification from the Department of Treasury for a parcel (#014-23-100-003) that was foreclosed on for taxes. Title to the parcel will transfer to the Township Dec 31, 2016.
- The Perry Township Public Inspection of Records Policy was adopted. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes. Carried.
- Supervisor Fulks requested to attend the New Officials Training by MTA in the amount of $229.00. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
Public Comment: Tom Emery extended his congratulations to the newly and re-elected officials.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded to adjourn. All ayes. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk