Perry Township Regular Meeting
May 3, 2017
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustee.
Guests: Kim Kollek-Jewell, Darlene Parks, Sean and Heidi Stout, Duane Wood, Justin Horvath.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda Approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
April 5, 2017 Meeting Minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Sheriff’s Report: 182 calls in Perry Twp for April; 76 traffic stops.
SSESA: 22 runs in Perry Twp; 78 for the year; Total SSESA runs for the year 440.
DDA: Consumers Energy was at the DDA meeting to work on a proposal for the lighting down Lansing Rd.
Recycling: $330 in donations in April. There is still an ongoing problem with littering.
Library: CDL is looking for a substitute librarian to cover for people on vacation.
I69 Corr: The amendment was approved in April to add Elsessor’s to the LDFA.
SEDP: There is a new auto parts manufacturer coming to Shiawassee Co. that will add 31 new jobs. Crest Marine just had a job fair. They are still seeking people for employment.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried
Correspondence: There was a meeting with the City of Perry, Perry Township, Shiawassee Road Comm. and MDOT. The rail road tracks on M-52, down town Perry, will be repaired this summer (July or August) and will be closed for 12 days. Traffic will be rerouted down Bath Rd. MDOT has agreed to pay for the seal coating and scratch coating of Bath Rd after the repair of the tracks.
- · “The Shift Shop” 4345 W. Lansing Rd. Perry (ID# 014-17-200-023-01) The Twp Planning Comm. has recommended approval of the rezoning from A-2 to B-3 with the condition of exclusion of any sexually oriented business submitted by the buyer that will stay with the property and a special use permit for a commercial garage. The Perry Twp Board agrees and also approved the above. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · Sealed Roof Bids for the Twp Hall: 5 sealed roof bids were received form Lockhart Roofing $19,870.40, Ritt”s Done Right LLC $30,110.00, Weather Vane Roofing $23,468.15, Soloman & Sons Roofing $20,550.00, and Sweers Roofing $24,990.00. The Twp Board approved Soloman & Sons bid with Lockhart as a backup up if the job cannot be completed as specked. Fulks moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · MTA Conference: Fulks gave an overview of classes. Overall the conference was very informative.
- · 2017-2018 road contracts have been signed.
- · The Twp will be purchasing flags for public purchase and for the use at the Hall and Cemetery in the amount of $183.00 through the Honorable John R. Moolenaar.
- · Perry Township Resolution for 2017 Election Equipment purchase was approved. This allows the Clerk to sign the agreement for the Grant with the State of Michigan and HAVA for new election equipment. Dominion was selected by the County and the initial cost years 1-5 to Local Gov. is -0-. There will be cost years 6-10 but is undetermined at this time. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The Twp Planning Comm. recommendation to approve the following proposed Shiawassee Co Zoning Ordinance amendments for Automobile Repair Establishments and Farm Markets and Farm Market Entertainment with one concern of availability of water and septic facilities at the Farm Markets location. The Twp Board also recommended approving the above amendments. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Twp Board approved the updated Planning Commission By-Laws that added the Conflict of Interest in section 8. Schmidt moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · 2016 Budget Amendment #2 is a correction to the Roselawn Cemetery fund due to incorrect amounts given by the investing co. The first amendment increased 276-000-690 unrealized loss on investment to $4,400 and decrease 276-299-980 contingency to $60,700. ($4,400 change, $200 more than amendment #1). Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · 2017-2018 Depository list approved: Chemical Bank, PNC Bank, 5/3 Bank and Ameriprise Financial. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · Assessors Contract amended to add: the Assessor shall visit and inspect 20% of the Twp’s improved parcels each year for the remainder of the contract term and appropriately update the record and provide a list to the Twp. The assessor shall be paid $5 per parcel for completed parcels. Compensation shall be in addition to the amounts of the original agreement. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · Contribution to the upcoming Morrice Home Coming and Independence Day Celebration to be held on June 24, 2017 in the amount of $2000.00 for fireworks was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · There was discussion regarding a new fiber optic company in our area called Day Starr. The Clerk will contact them for more information on phone and internet options.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk