Perry Township Regular Meeting
October 4, 2017
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda Approved: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
September 6, 2017 Meeting Minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Comments: A BIG THANK YOU to “Butch” Griffith, Mark Fulks, Darlene Parks, Martha Bashore, Kelly Schmidt and the trustee’s from the Shiawassee County Sheriff’s Office and their Corrections Officers for the help in the renovations of the Perry Twp Hall. The Hall looks wonderful!
Recycling: $220 in donations for Sept.
Library: The Perry book sale during Perry fest raised $729 for the purchase of children’s furniture. Friends of the Library is having a “Mega Book & Bake Sale” October 19, 20 & 21 at the Corunna Branch during regular library hours. Proceeds will purchase new carpeting.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
- · There was a sewer line force main failure between Bennitt Dr. and the Lagoon in Morrice. An emergency repair was completed on 10-3-2017.
- · The Twp Planning Commission gave a recommendation to the Twp Board on the proposed county solar energy systems ordinance and wind energy conversion systems ordinance. These recommendations will be given to the Shiawassee Co. Planning Commission. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve with the addition of “a Michigan bond for removal of abandoned project at 150% of cost of project.” For the Wind Turbine Conversion Systems. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
Solar Energy Systems:
- 1. In paragraph A in letter from the County, What does “reasonable conditions” mean?
- 2. Suggested a Michigan bond for removal of abandoned project at 150% of cost of project. There should be a yearly renewal of bond notification
- 3. Should have a way to test noise.
Wind Turbine Conversion Systems:
- 1. Noise: 40dBA during the night and 50dBC at property line
- 2. Set back: 400% the height from property line
- 3. Height: 500 feet, capped
- 4. Shadow Flicker: Install software to insure the turbine be temporarily halted automatically.
- 5. Signal interference should be more specific. No signal interference.
- 6. Decommissioning Plan (6b) shall be 150% of cost and a thorough investigation of decommissioning be accomplished.
- 7. Radar: On demand radar light.
- · MR Green & Sons gave a proposal to update the charges for foundation costs. MR Green & Sons will furnish all labor, materials, and tools to form and install all foundations at the set resident price per foundation. In the event there is a “non-resident” foundation, all extra funds will go to the Township of Perry. Schmidt moved; Fulks, seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · The installation and hardware of the 5 new doors for the Twp Hall was approved not to exceed $700. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · Changes to the Twp Hall rental rules and regulations pertaining to decorating the hall for rentals will be changed to: 1) nothing will be allowed to be hung from the ceiling, 2) nothing will be allowed to be hung on the walls, 3) no tape will be allowed on the floors. These rule changes will be revisited after an acceptable alternative method for decorating is found that does not cause damage to the ceiling, walls and floors. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · The 2016-2017 Perry Twp Audit was considered acceptable and approved. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · Purchase, installation, and hardware for the cemetery barn entrance doors were approved not to exceed $900. Parmalee moved: Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk