Perry Township Regular Meeting
November 1, 2017
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda with additions approved: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
October 4, 2017 Meeting Minutes approved: Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried
Sheriff’s report: 149 calls in Perry Twp; 38 traffic stops.
SSESA: 18 runs in Perry Twp; 140 for the year; 1351 total SSESA runs for the year.
SEDP: The Shift Shop has relocated to W. Lansing Rd. Gutting Trucking has purchased property in the Village of Morrice and will be building there.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fulks moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
OLD BUSINESS: None
- · An additional APEX software license was approved for the assessor in the amount of $750.00. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · The DDA lighting service contract amendment with Consumers Energy was approved to allow 37 additional lights along Lansing Rd. contingent on the DDA approving the project. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The acceptance of George Huffman’s resignation from the DDA board was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · The Shiawassee Co. Planning Commission is proposing changes to the zoning ordinance. Article 18 County Board of Appeals purpose of the Ordinance is to provide an overview of the procedures and duties of the Zoning Board of Appeals. Recommended changes are to reduce the number of regular board members from 7 to 5 and to allow 2 alternates (18.1.2A). Perry Township Planning Commission recommended the approval of 5 members but also recommends that no member of the ZBA shall be appointed to more than 12 consecutive years with a 2 year waiting period before being reappointed to any County Zoning Board (18.1.2B). Article 12.2.6, Appeal, the purpose of this Ordinance is to remove provisions allowing an appeal to the Zoning Board of Appeals and approval or denial of a Special Use Permit by the Planning Commission. The Perry Township Planning Commission also recommends this change and has presented it to the Perry Township Board for approval. Fraser moved; Fulks seconded to approve recommendations. All ayes Carried. Recommendations will be forwarded to the Community Development Dept.
- · A preliminary list of 2018 proposed road projects were presented by Supervisor Fulks.
- · The annual MTA meeting dinner is Nov. 2, 2017. Mark and Patty Fraser and Butch and Lee Griffith will be attending to represent Perry Township at a cost of $18/person. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call : Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The 2018 Snow Removal Contract with Freed of Work was extended from last year at the same rate of $60/hour. Fraser moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · The Drains at Large payment for Perry Twp was approved. The assessed drains are Buchar, Buck Ext #2, Hasford, Locke, S Br Looking Glass, Spaulding Jt 7 of 7 in the amount of $5,032.75. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk