Regular Meeting Minutes
July 11, 2018
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor, Kelly Schmidt, Clerk, Troy Parmalee, Treasurer, Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: John Plowman, Duane Wood and Jay Latunski.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda was approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
June 6, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes were approved. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried.
Comments: John Plowman visited and announced he was running for County Commissioner in the Aug. Election.
Sheriff’s Report: There were 165 calls in the Twp, 44 traffic stops.
SSESA: There were 21 runs for the month in the Twp, 112 runs for the year and 763 total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: The next meeting will be July 19, 2018, 7:00 pm, at the Twp Hall.
Zoning: Spartan Fence’s site plan for their new building was approved by the County.
Recycling: There was $300 in donations for June.
Planning Comm: The Twp Planning Comm. has recommendations for the County Ordinance for Kennels and Accessory Buildings and Structures that the Twp Board agrees with. The recommendations will be forwarded to the County.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: The Supervisor received a list of foreclosures from the County Treasurer. The Village of Morrice approved their master plan. We received the 2017 Shiawassee County Road Commission Report of Annual Activities.
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- · The Summer Board of Review will be held on July 17, 2018 for corrections and errors only at 9:00am at the Perry Twp Hall.
- · The Supervisor gave an update on the roads. There will be additional gravel work done to Church Rd from Lansing Rd west to the dead end west of Morrice Rd. Total estimated cost is $22,330. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried. The Kellogg drain on Miller Rd on the Perry Twp and Bennington Twp line needs to have a culvert placed to relieve water back up. A request has been placed with Bennington Twp to pay half of the estimated $13,738 to correct this problem. Parmalee moved, Griffith seconded to approve half of the cost for this repair contingent on Bennington Twp to pay half. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Annual SEDP Contribution in the amount of $3556 was approved. Fulks moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · The Village of Morrice will be holding a public hearing on July 24, 2018 to amend the Down Town Development Authority’s Development District and Adopt amendments to the MDDA’s development and Tax increment finance plan. Parmalee moved, Fraser seconded to wave our 45 day review period and have no objections to the amendments. Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · A variance was requested by Jeffrey Gooding to allow a fence located in the front yard that exceeds four feet in height and that has less than seventy-five percent open area. The Twp Planning Comm recommended to allow the 6’ fence and to proceed on a case by case variances. The Twp Board however, is concerned with allowing variances to the fence ordinance in a residential area when other practical alternatives are available to keep animals contained. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried. This recommendation will be forwarded to the County.
Adjourned: Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk