Regular Meeting Minutes
September 5, 2018
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Jami Cromly, Duane Wood, and Jay Latunski
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda was approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
August 1, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes were approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff Report: 39 traffic stops, and 147 calls in the township.
SSESA: 24 runs for the month, 161 for the year in Perry Township. Total SSESA runs for the year was 1105.
Recycling: Donations for August were$224
Library: Jami Cromly gave the annual report for the District Library 2017-2018. There will be a memorial tribute for Ken & Joann O’Berry on September 15 at the memorial near the fire department in Perry.
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fulks moved; Fraser seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · 6 Township Supervisors took a tour of the County Jail with the Sheriff. The Jail is in very bad shape and failed 6 points by the State. A date will be scheduled to have Township Board members tour the jail as well.
- · The Perry Township Office has switched their Phone and Internet carrier to DayStar. The Clerk and Treasurer have new email addresses. They are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- · The City of Perry asked for a contribution to their fireworks display for the 2018 Perry Fest. This is event also promotes our township and is for everyone in our community. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve $2000 per our agreement from prior years. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · We received a notice of Public Hearing for Bennington Township’s Master Plan. The Hearing is October 25 at 7pm at Bennington Twp Hall. We will pass this on to our Planning Commission for any recommendations or comments.
- · We received a petition with 51% of the road frontage owners of Thornapple Dr. to renew the special assessment for maintenance of the road. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded to approve the petition and schedule a public hearing to establish a district for October 3, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Perry Township Hall. All ayes Carried.
- · In preparation to have the Roselawn Cemetery surveyed, up to $2500 was approved to clear and prep section M which will be paid from the cemetery line item of the budget. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · Four requests for bid were sent out to surveyors to plot and mark the Roselawn Cemetery. Two responded. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded to approve the bid from Landmark Surveying in the amount of $2800. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Supervisor gave an update that the road projects are nearly done for 2018. There was extra tree trimming done on Beardslee Rd and in Forest Green. The drain commission discussed the flow issues for the drain that is shared by the Perry Twp and Bennington Twp. Bennington will discuss the project at their next meeting. There is a potential Locke drain project being discussed from Ruppert Rd to M-52. The Drain Commission is checking with MDOT regarding under M-52.
- · The 2017-2018 Audit was completed, reviewed and approved by the Board. The Township is in good standing. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve the audit. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · A Resolution to update the Fee Structure for FOIA requests was approved. Parmalee, moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The Hall Rental Agreement Form was updated and approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · A request by Planning Commission members Walt Saxton and Duane Wood to attend the MTA Planning/Zoning workshop on Oct. 18, 2018 in Chelsea in the amount of $113 ea was approved. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded; Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk