Regular Meeting Minutes and Thornapple Dr Public Hearing
October 31, 2018
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer, Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Tim Kubu, Rick Wilder, Joni Barnard
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
Agenda was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The Thornapple Dr Public Hearing was opened at 7:01 pm.
By resolution of the Perry Township board adopted on Oct. 31, 2018, the assessment roll submitted by the supervisor shall designate the Thornapple Dr Special Assessment district of 2018 and confirm the assessment roll for a period of 5 years (2018,2019,2020,2021 & 2022). Five installments will be collected starting with the 2018 winter property taxes in the amount of $250 on each parcel in the Special assessment District for a total of $4,750 per year.
Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Ayes, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. Nays, none.
The public hearing is closed at 7:13pm.
The Regular meeting opened at 7:14pm.
October 3, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. All ayes Carried.
SSESA: 15 runs for the month, 195 for the year in Perry Township. Total SSESA runs for the year was 1426. They are looking for paramedic applicants for an open position.
DDA: A representative of Consumers Energy gave an update on the Lansing Rd project. The projected time of completion is end of November. They approved the annual SEDP contribution.
Zoning: Michigan Laborers’ Training has applied for a lighted digital sign and Perry Church of the Nazarene has applied for one as well.
Recycling: $190 in donations for October.
Library: The auditor presented the draft audit for the Community District Library. The Perry branch is collecting school yearbooks so they can digitize them.
SEDP: Shiawassee County has been invited to join the LEAP (Lansing Economic Assistance Partnership)
Financial Statement and Pay the Bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · We received an anonymous letter form a resident regarding unsightly debris down Ellsworth Rd. The supervisor will contact Dave Shrenka.
- · Supervisor Fulks will be attending the Annual Supervisors Meeting on 12/11/18 at 7pm at the Road commission board room.
- · Supervisor Fulks gave an update on the Miller Rd drain. Bennington Township will be meeting on Nov. 5. The Road Commission and Engineers will be attending.
- · We received a resignation letter from Heidi Stout for the DDA. Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried
- · The 2018 Drain Assessment was approved in the amount of $7,085.49. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Fulks seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk