Regular Meeting Minutes
April 3, 2019
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Tom Emery
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The March 6, 2019 regular meeting minutes was approved. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 144 calls, 49 traffic stops in the township.
SSESA: 18 runs for the month, 47 for the year in the township, and 274 total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: The DDA will meet on April 17 at 6:30 and will have an informational meeting before the DDA board meeting.
Library: Perry City is looking into purchasing the old Dune Buggy Shop for the Perry Library site.
Planning Commission: The board meet with the DDA and discussed marijuana grow operations and what is required to opt in or out.
Recycling: The recycling board had their last meeting to dissolve the recycling program.
Approved financial statement and pay the bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes carried.
- · The Township meeting taping proposal by Studio 130 was tabled. Another proposal to purchase a tri pod, tape meetings ourselves and upload them to YouTube as a trial to see how long it takes was suggested.
- · To come into compliance with Act 57 for the DDA, an additional drop down menu was added to the township website.
- · The contractor bidding the 2019 Road Project for Ruess Rd from Britton Rd north to the end of the blacktop would not bid it as crack seal due to the roads condition and recommended to do a double chip seal in that area. The bids came in lower for the Bath Rd seal coat and Cork Rd gravel so the additional cost for Ruess Rd was a wash.
- · The Planning Commission yearend report was accepted. Fulks moved; Schmidt seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · The Assessor’s resignation letter was accepted. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
- · The Township will be looking for an Assessor to replace Steve Schweikert. Troy Parmalee agreed to do the land divisions. We hope to have a replacement by June.
- · The Township Hall rental rates were updated and clarification of immediate family for township resident rates was added. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · Budget amendments for 2018-2019: General Fund: Increase 101-276-802 Cemetery Contracted services by $2000 to $34,000 and decrease 101-446-802 Engineering by $2000 to $3000. Special Assessment: Increase 448-000-403 & 448-450-003 Clifford Lights by $100 to $3300 and $3500. Increase 448-000-404 & 448-450-004 Bennett Dr. lights by $100 to $2100 and $2700. Increase 448-000-407 & 448-450-407 Rose Lights by $100 to $1400 and $1900. Fulks moved; Fraser seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · The notary recertification for the Clerk was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · The 2019-2020 depository list (Chemical Bank, PNC Bank, 5/3 Bank, Ameriprise Financial, and MSU Federal Credit Union) was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk