Regular Meeting Minutes
May 1, 2019
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, John Plowman, Caroline Wilson
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried
April 3, 2019 Minutes approved. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. All ayes Carried
Comments: Caroline Wilson provided the new county directory and gave an update of the Clerks office.
There will be Sat. hours in October in the Circuit Court, Friend of the Court and Clerks offices. Point and Pay will be available in the county offices. CPL can now be renewed on line with the state.
SSESA: 18 runs for the month, 65 runs for the year in the Twp and 400 total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: The first required informational meeting was held on April 17. The installation of the lights down Lansing Rd are in progress. Officers were elected, two members were sworn in and there is still one vacancy.
Co. Comm: Commissioner Plowman gave an update of the County. The Road Commission has purchased 2 new trucks. The Treasurer’s office is implementing the BS&A program allowing taxpayers to search and pay their taxes online. The County Board is looking for a finance director.
Planning Comm: The Planning Commission reviewed the proposed Ordinance changes to the Article 16 Administration. Their recommendations will be sent to the Co. Community Development Department.
Approved financial statement and pay the bills: Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
OLD BUSINESS: None
- · The Board of Review has completed and filed the State Tax Commission Assessment Certification.
- · We have sought out a qualified assessor replacement and have received one proposal from Tina Braman in the amount of $27,000 per year for 3 years of contracted services. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- · The Board reviewed a proposed Marihuana Ordinance but tabled a decision until the June meeting pending review by the attorney.
- · Budget amendments for the 2019-2020 budget were approved contingent on a signed contract with the new assessor. Increase 101-209-802 Assessor Contracted Services by $23,250 to $24,750, reduce 101-209-702 Assessor Salaries by $16,500 to $1,500, reduce 101-299-237 Retirement by $2,475 to $14,858 and increase 101-000-002 Opening Fund Balance by $4,275 to $114,275. There also is an amendment to increase 101-000-584 From Tax Fund by $3,500 to $3,500 and increase 101-205-900 Tax Printing and Publishing by $3,500 to $7,750 to allow all Tax, Assessing and Cemetery records free to the public to view. This will be reviewed each year. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · A Consumers Energy Co. Gas and/or Electric Franchise Ordinance called 2019-1 was approved for a 30 year period. This ordinance will allow Consumers the right and authority to lay, maintain and operate gas lines and facilities etc. within Perry Twp. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · A Quick Books upgrade for payroll services was approved in the amount of $760. Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
- · The BSA proposal to allow Tax, Assessing and Cemetery records free to the public was approved in the amount of $3150. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk