Regular Meeting Minutes
August 7, 2019
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Jami Crumley, Michelle & Chad Diffin.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The July 10, 2019 minutes was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
SSESA Report: 30 runs for the month; 141 runs in Perry Twp for the year and 848 total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: There was no quorum for the July meeting. The Lansing Road lighting project has been completed and was dedicated to Sid Grinnell with a memorial sign provided by Consumers Energy.
Library: Jamie Crumley gave the CDL 2018-2019 annual report. County wide there were 25,595 people served; 79,173 walk in library visits; 5,302 card holders. Of the walk in library visits Morrice had 5,421.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · The July Summer Board of review met and made some corrections to the roll.
- · We now have our board meetings on youtube. You can also watch the meetings by going to the Perry Twp website and click on Meeting Minutes.
- · The Bureau of Elections is mandating all election lap tops be upgrade to Windows 10. Fulks moved; Fraser seconded to approve to purchase two lap tops to comply not to exceed $700 to be taken from the Election budget. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · The Bureau of Elections is also mandating all users of the Qualified Voter File update desk top computers to Windows 10. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve to purchase two computers for the Clerk and Deputy Clerk not to exceed $1200 to be taken from the General Government Equipment budget. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- · After the passage of proposal 18-3 the Bureau of Elections estimates the Absent Voter Ballot voting will double. Perry Township currently has 320 permanent AV voters. This could increase to 700+. For this reason the Clerk proposes to add an AV counting board to large elections, which will require an additional ballot tabulator. Griffith moved; Fulks seconded to approve the purchase of another tabulator plus all equipment necessary not to exceed $7000. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · The Perry Fest Committee requested a contribution for fireworks for the 17th Annual Perry Fest event to be held on Sept. 21, 2019. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve $2000. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · No Loitering signs will be ordered and posted at Roselawn Cemetery in the old section to deter some inappropriate activities.
- · The Board agreed to allow Parmalee to discuss the sale of the Township “water property” with those interested in purchasing it.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.