Regular Meeting Minutes
November 6, 2019
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, John Plowman, and Tim Bontrager.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with corrections. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
LDFA Informational Session: The first of the required Public Information Sessions for I-69 International Trade Corridor Next Michigan Development Corporation Local Development Finance Authority is being hosted at this meeting. Notices have been sent to all taxing units and published on the Authority’s website. An explanation of the current status of the plan, planned projects and account balances were all explained. No public questions or comments were received
The October 9, 2019 minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 158 calls in the Township, with 42 traffic stops.
SSESA: 17 runs for the month; 197 runs in Perry Township for the year and 1286 total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: The final payment for the Lansing Rd project will be paid as soon as some landscaping repairs are done.
Co. Comm: Commissioner Plowman reported that the 2020 county budget is similar to the 2018-2019 budget. The MERS retirement contributions currently funded at 67%. The hope is to be funded at 100% by 2039.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fulks moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- · None
- · The 2019 Special Assessments for Shiawassee County Drains were certified by Drain Commissioner Newman in the amount of $6,405.95 at large; $64,508.91 specials. The following drains were listed: Buck #2, Locke, Looking Glass 2 of 2, Williamston, L&P Jt 2 of 3, Wolfe Creek Joint 2 of 3, and Red Cedar Jt 2 of 2. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded to approve. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · At the recommendation of the Auditors a Fraud Prevention and Detection Policy was written. The Board tabled the approval until the December meeting for further review.
- · A draft of the Perry Township Administrative Policies and Procedures manual was presented to the Board to update and add items to the manual. The Board tabled the approval until the December meeting for further review.
- · There was discussion regarding the sale of the Township water property. It was recommended that we send out letters to the surrounding property owners, asking for sealed proposals for the purchase of section 29 parcel A. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded.
- · The Township Board reappointed Patty Fraser to the Community District Library Board for a 4 year term ending Dec. 31, 2023. Schmidt moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Public Comment: Duane Wood stated that because the water property was purchased by taxpayer monies that the bidding process should be open to the public. It was noted that the water property is landlocked and has access issues for the general public.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk