Regular Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2020
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Duane Wood, Tom Emery, Bev VandenBerg, Anthony Karhuff, Darlene Parks, Tina Braman, Mikyla Sweet, Sean Gifford.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
The February 5, 2020 meeting minutes and the Feb. 24, 2020 Budget Work Session were approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s report: 147 calls, 42 traffic stops in the township.
SSESA: 27 runs for the month, 27 for the year in the township, and 135 total SSESA runs for the year.
The financial statement and pay the bills was approved. Fraser moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: Locke Township and Shiawassee County will be reviewing their Master plans. The was a Right to Farm complaint that was reviewed by the MDARD and classified the complaint not verified.
Public Comment: Deputy Gifford reported that there have been break ins in our area so if you see something, say something. Please call the sheriff’s office that’s what they are there for.
· The 3.11 Acquisition & Disposition of Municipal Real & Personal Property Policy was approve and will replace 3.11 Sale of Assets in our current Policy and Procedure book. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
· The Vacant Land Proposal for the sale of land owned by Perry Twp (sec 28&29) was approved to be sent to the adjoining property owners. Fulks moved; Schmidt seconded. All ayes Carried.
· The Township Assessor Tina Braman gave a year end report and what her expectations for the coming year are. This last year was challenging, getting used to our system. She will be switching some of our process to make it more like the way the State trains assessors currently. She will be re-assessing all residential improved properties. If residents do not allow the assessor to come onto their properties to take measurements, she will have to use multiple mapping options to measure by areal photos. What she measures could be right or wrong.
· The Township put mowing the Township grounds, DDA retention ponds and Roselawn Cemetery out for bids. We received bids from Freed of Work LLC, Suggate Construction LLC, Davis Lawn & Snow, Rescue Me Pure Lawncare, and Randy Whitbeck. After review of all bids Rescue Me Pure Lawncare offered 2 options, 1) pay in full for the season (Unlimited Service) $16,000 or 2) pay as needed in the amounts of Township grounds $50/mow; DDA retention ponds $50/mow and Roselawn Cemeter $475/mow. The option 2 was approved for this years Township mowing contract. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
· The MAGNET Contribution in the amount of $2000 was approved. Fulks, moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
· The Morrice Homecoming Festival & Independence Day Celebration Fireworks contribution in the amount of $2000 was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried.
· The Township Board approved to reappoint Larry Place and Joe Ocenasik for a 3 year term ending March 31, 2023. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
· The 2020-2021 Township Board Meeting Dates were approved with changes to move to Aug 12, 2020 and Nov 11, 2020 because of the elections. Parmalee move; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
· An increase of $2 to the Clifford Field special assessment for lights was approved from $45.50 to $47.50 per parcel due to the increase in costs by Consumers Energy. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
· The transfer of $5000 from the 2019-2020 unused Building and Grounds, capital outlay line item to the Land & Building, Hall sinking fund line item, for the purpose of future repairs to the parking lot was approved. Parmalee moved; Fulks seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk