Regular Meeting Minutes
June 3, 2020
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The May 6, 2020 minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff Report: 98 calls in the township; 20 traffic stops.
SSESA: 16 runs; 77 runs in Perry Twp for the year. 450 total SSESA runs for the year.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Griffith moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence: Windstream Holdings Inc filed Chapter 11.
- · The proposal packets for purchase have been sent to the residents whose property touches the Townships water property.
- · Fraser recommended purchasing cameras for the Supervisor, Clerk and Treasurers computers so we can attend remote meetings if necessary in the future.
- · MTA is offering new training options for townships in 2020. After discussion the Board opted not to participate in the options due to the expense.
- · Under the Cares Act, the USDA Rural Development is offering a grant for infrastructure projects. It would provide an 80% grant with a 20% match. There are some economic development and engineering questions that need to be answered before moving forward.
- · The Board was updated on the Executive Order 2020-87 regarding the Temporary extension of deadlines for the Boards of Review, County Equalization and Tax Tribunal Jurisdiction.
- · The Board approved the COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that is required under Executive Order 2020-97 to reopen the township offices. The township offices will reopen June 23, 2020 to the public with restrictions. The “Plan” will be posted on the township website for more information. Parmlee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Schmidt moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk