Regular Meeting Minutes
July 1, 2020
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: Timothy Bontrager
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The June 3, 2020 minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
DDA: The next DDA meeting will be July 15, 2020 at 6:30pm. One of two informational meetings will be held before the regular meeting.
Zoning: There is a zoning change request from A2 to B3 for the Slocum property (M-52/Winegar Rd). The Perry Township Planning Commission will review and give a recommendation to the Board at the July 16, 2020 meeting.
Planning Comm: Officers were elected and will remain the same as last year. Walt Saxton was asked to research and present guidelines for virtual meetings if necessary in the future. The water property sale was discussed and was met with some resistance.
- · Three proposals were received for the sale of the Township’s water property. There needs to be some clarification on a proposal before the Township accepts any offers.
- · Fulks reviewed the 2019 PASER Survey. Perry Township ranked #9 out of 16 townships in Shiawassee County; #16 being the worst.
- · Two bids were received for the removal of a cluster of trees in the Old Cemetery that have become a danger of falling on some headstones. The Board approved MR Green & Sons to remove the trees in the amount of $1850.00. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- · An owner of the adjoining triangular land locked piece of property that the Township acquired through delinquent taxes on Ruess Rd. is interested in purchasing the piece. Parmalee will review any zoning issues before the Board offers the property for sale.
- · SSESA is considering raising the special assessment for ambulance service rates from $45 to $65/year/parcel starting Jan. 1, 2022. Currently the Township contributes $10/year/parcel towards the service and assess $35. The question was asked if the Board will continue the contribution when the amount changes. The Township contribution will be reviewed when SSESA changes the amount next year.
Adjourn: Fraser moved; Schmidt seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk