Regular Meeting Minutes
November 11, 2020
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Francis Griffith, Trustees.
Guests: John Plowman
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The October 7, 2020 minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriff’s Report: 149 calls in the Township for the month; 25 Traffic stops.
SSESA: 26 runs for the month; 206 in the TWP for the year; 1252 Total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: The DDA met in October. Members of the DDA are very supportive of the proposed water loop from Lansing Rd to Bennett Dr to Britton Rd tying into the Perry City water system. A request for the road commission to bid Rose Blvd from Lansing Rd south to the dead end for scratch course/chip seal for a 2021 road project was made. As of 10/20/2020 the DDA fund balance is $185,927.
Co. Comm: Plowman reported that zoning enforcement would be picking up. There have been changes to the violation enforcement. The 2020-2021 budget is looking good with a $300,000 surplus. 2021-2022 budget looks like it may have a $200,000 surplus. An 8% increase in taxable value is projected. Previous county commissioners were re-elected with one new commissioner, Gary Brodeur. He has a background in finance.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fulks moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- The preliminary Engineering report for the water loop was reviewed. A resolution in support of an application to the Economic Development Administration, United States Department of Commerce’s Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Program for Water System Upgrades was approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded; Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- Perry Township’s website has be updated.
- The Clerk gave statistics for the General Election. There was a 72% voter turnout. 1219 Absent Voter ballots were sent and 1193 received. Prec 1 had 539 in person voters and Prec 2 had 642. There were 413 new registered voters from Jan. to Nov. There are 885 permanent absent voters in the Township.
- The Supervisor presented the proposed 2021 road projects.
- Snow Plow bids were requested. Fulks moved; Fraser seconded to accept Suggate Construction LLC bid for snow plowing for one year. Fulks moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- The 2020 Special Assessments for county drains at large in the amount of $4,220.85 was approved. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk