Regular Meeting Minutes via Zoom
January 6, 2021
Present via Zoom: Mark Fulks, Supervisor participating remotely from Perry Township, Shiawassee County, State of Michigan; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk ; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer participating remotely from Perry Township, Shiawassee County, State of Michigan ; Frances Griffith, Trustee participating remotely from Perry Township, Shiawassee County, State of Michigan
Absent: Mark Fraser
Guests: Justin Horvath, participating remotely from Owosso, Shiawassee County, State of Michigan.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The December 2, 2020 minutes were approved. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
SSESA: 20 runs for the month; 244 in the TWP for the year; 1621 Total SSESA runs for the year.
DDA: Upcoming meeting January 20, 2021 at 6:30 via zoom.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Schmidt moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
Correspondence/Announcements: CNJ of Perry, LLC applied for a minor site plan review to construct two 40’x100’ storage buildings. One to be constructed now and one for a future phase of construction. The Board sees no problems with this request. The annual Asset Forfeiture Report was submitted Jan. 5, 2021.
- The “Water Loop” (Lansing Rd to Bennett Drive to Britton Rd) federal grant application was presented by Justin Horvath. “This is a good project with a good engineering report and supported by 7 property owners that anticipate job creation from this project.” The application will be signed on Friday by the City of Perry’s Mayor and be sent off to Washington for review for funding. We are hoping for an 80% contribution.
- The Board approved the appointment of James Bashore, Dave Fletcher, and Tim Place to the Board of Review for a 2 year period. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- The Board approved training in the amount of $380 to send all board of review members, the supervisor, and assessor to required Board of Review training. Roll Call: Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- The Board of Review had 11 corrections and 1 poverty exemption at their December meeting via Zoom. Documents have been sent to the State. Parmalee suggested we think about changing the qualifications for poverty exemptions. More will be presented at the next meeting.
- The Board approved the Election Coordinating Committee agreement with the County effective Jan. 1, 2021 to December 31, 2024. Fraser moved; Parmalee seconded. Roll Call: Fulks, Parmalee, Schmidt, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
Public Comments: COVID vaccines are available January 11th to people 65 years and older. Contact the Shiawassee Co. Health Department if interested.
Adjourn: Griffith moved; Fulks seconded. Carried.
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk