Regular Meeting Minutes
June 2, 2021
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: Darlene Parks, Scott Furford, Deputy Mark Schmidt, Lisa Hatt.
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved with additions. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The May 5, 2021 minutes were approved with corrections. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriffs Office: 4 traffic stops; 29 calls for the month.
SSESA: 16 runs for the month; 84 runs in Perry Township for the year and 765 total SSESA runs for the year.
Library: There is a Summer Reading program at the Morrice Library Mon & Tues 1p-7p, Wed & Thurs 10a-5p and at the Perry Library Mon & Wed 12p-8p, Tues & Thurs 10a-6p, Fri 10a-4p and Sat 10a-2p.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- Lisa Hatt requested an exception to the Rose Lawn Rules & Regulations to put a 36”x72″ metal truck on her graves. After discussion her request was denied because 1) it violates the rules and regulations of “ all monuments must be of durable material…” 2) it is larger than 12″ and would in crouch on the space needed to do a full burial and 3) put the maker outside of the normal headstone row.
- The Township Planning Commission and Township Board will recommend to the ZBA to approve the application variance request for Bruce & Linda Cole PZBA21-010. Parmalee moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried
- It was recommended by the insurance company to increase our liability insurance from $500,000 to $1,000,000 for hall rentals that will have alcohol. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. All ayes Carried
- The Board approved Jeff Harris to permanently fill the SSESA position expiring 3-31-2024 after the passing of William Colby. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- The Living Church of God requested rentals every Saturday. After discussion the Board decided to not commit all Saturday’s to this rental. The names of other rental places were given to them.
- Due to schedule conflicts, it was requested to move the August Township Board meeting from August 4, 2021 to July 28, 2021. Parmalee moved; Schmidt seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- Our insurance company is offering Cyber Liability Insurance. After discussion, this item was tabled to explore other options.
Public Comment: None
Adjourn: Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk