Regular Meeting Minutes
July 7, 2021
Present: Mark Fulks, Supervisor; Kelly Schmidt, Clerk; Troy Parmalee, Treasurer; Mark Fraser and Frances Griffith Trustees.
Guests: John Plowman, Mark Schmidt
The Supervisor opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.
The agenda was approved wit additions. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
The June 2, 2021 minutes were approved. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. All ayes Carried.
Sheriffs Office: 12 traffic stops; 31 calls for the month.
SSESA: 21 runs for the month; 105 runs in Perry Township for the year and 935 total SSESA runs for the year.
The financial statement was approved to pay the bills. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded to approve. Roll Call: Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee. All ayes Carried.
- The Summer Board of Review will be July 20, 2021 at 10:00am for errors, mistakes of fact and omissions only.
- The township road projects are on schedule.
- We received an email regarding a solar moratorium from another township.
- The next Township meeting was moved due to member scheduling conflicts and will be held on July 28, 2021 at 7:00pm at the Perry Township Hall.
- We have been working since April to update our web site. The Board has reviewed it and feels it is ready to go live sometime with in the next month.
- The Township Board Resolved and signed the Principles of Governance in and for the Township of Perry, pledging to guide our stewardship, deliberations and constituent services as we commit to safeguard our community’s health, safety and general welfare. Schmidt moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt. All ayes Carried
- The Planning Commission By-Laws were updated and approved by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2021. The Township Board accepted and approved the Planning Commission By-Law update. Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Fraser, Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks. All ayes Carried.
- The Planning Commission recommended to the Township Board the approval of rezoning of parcel # 014-09-200-006, owned by Donald Schultz 10008 South M-52, Perry from A-2 to B-2 per the rezoning class confirmed and recommended by the County in accordance to the zoning ordinance. The Township Board approved and will send the recommendation to the County. Parmalee moved; Fraser seconded. Roll Call: Griffith, Schmidt, Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser. All ayes Carried.
- The current host of the Township’s email will not be renewing our contract this year. Shumaker Group will be maintaining our web site and will also maintain our email.
- The Township Board approved the annual SEDP contribution in the amount of $3,556.Fraser moved; Griffith seconded. Roll Call: Schmidt Parmalee, Fulks, Fraser, Griffith. All ayes Carried.
- The Township Planning Commission has requested a joint meeting with the Township Board. The date and time is to be determined.
Public Comment: None
Adjourn: moved; seconded. Carried
Kelly Schmidt, Clerk